Saturday, June 28, 2014

Butter London Nail polish in Molly Coddled

Molly Coddled

So for the past couple of years I've heard people raving about Butter London polishes. They are a bit on the pricey side so I never felt the need to indulge in them. However I was looking at them a time and I liked the colour selection so I decided to order one to try them out. Now I love any lilac, pastel colour so Molly Coddled looked right up my alley.

The bottle is smaller than you expect in pictures but it's so sleek and elegant looking that I just love how it looks. What I don't like is the actual cap. You have to pull off the black cap you see and then there's a smaller cap underneath that the brush is actually attached to. I find this cap not be that comfortable to grip and the brush is okay. But the nail polish, oh lawd, it went on so lumpy. I had to shake the polish everytime I dipped my brush in. I never had to do this with any of the other brands that I own including, OPI, Wet n Wild, Orly, MAC and so on. It dries soft so you have to be careful not to smudge it if you're holding something. The staying power is abysmal. By day two the nails wanted redoing. The polish also did not look good with a top coat on it. It started to wave up and look weird. Safe to say I will not be repurchasing nail polish from this brand again. Rating: 1.5/5.


Rating Scale

0-0.9: Ignore it like last week's garbage that even an alley cat wouldn't touch.
1-1.9: Piss poor product. Don't even look at it.
2-2.49: Got lots of kinks in it but you could work with it to get something decent.
2.5-2.9:An average product. Nothing special but it gets the job done.
3-3.49: Good product with a few minor glitches.
3.5-3.9: Quality product with a little extra oomph to it.
4-4.49: Excellent product.
4.5-5: Why are you still reading this? Go and buy it now!

2 comments:

  1. Lol. You got a really bad one. The 3 I have are long lasting, smooth and fairly opaque with 1 coat. These polishes to me or only worth abit more than other polishes because they don't have some of the harmful chemicals found in many other polishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I would hope that it's just a bad batch because it was awful. My other polishes including Jordana don't contain those Big 3 harmful ingredients either and they work perfctly fine and Jordana polishes are pretty cheap too.

      Delete

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...